I have been installing cordova on my work machine this passed days and I am really not happy when it failed because it can’t connect to the internet because our proxy is using AD Authentication. I have tried some NTLM proxy but its not working anymore. My alternative was to connect to the internet directly which is something that will work only when I am at home. Thank fully I found a working way to make it happen with a help from github gist.
Here is the modified steps:
- Install CNTLM(mirror) in a folder where you have full rights to run it as administrator.
- Open cntlm.ini and fill it :Username YOUR_USERNAME
- Run the CNTLM by running this command on the context of the folder on Step #1
cntlm -v -f -c "cntlm.ini"
- Run the following on your NPM commands on your Node.js window
npm config set proxy http://localhost:53128
npm config set https-proxy http://localhost:53128
npm config set registry http://registry.npmjs.org
- Now you can install Cordova without any issue and even install other NPM modules.
Just a CAUTION your password is in plain text. So be reminded to remove it when your working on a multi-developer machine.