Since we need to have a guide for our teammate I have decided that instead of teaching how to install one by one to my colleagues I will create an online user guide so that any other person online that will be also looking for guide will also have the help that they need. So lets get started.
- Install JDK, just proceed with standard installation process.
- Install Android Studio, just proceed with standard installation process. Please note that during the installation phase it will also download the Android SDK with is more than 3GB. PLEASE NOTE OF THE SDK INSTALLATION FOLDER AS THIS WILL BE USED ON LATER PROCEDURE.
- Install Aptana, just proceed with standard installation process. Please also note that during installation phase it will also download some prerequisite application including Node.js& Git
- Go to START and look for Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- Type the command below and press enter and wait for the installation process to finish. It will take a while depending on your internet connection.
npm install -g cordova
npm install -g proto-list
npm install -g os-tmpdir
npm install -g os-homedir
npm install -g are-we-there-yet
npm install -g gauge
npm install -g ansi
npm install -g is-absolute
npm install -g asap
npm install -g minimatch
npm install -g path-is-absolute
npm install -g validate-npm-package-license
npm install -g is-builtin-module
npm install -g concat-stream
npm install -g json-parse-helpfulerror
npm install -g block-stream
npm install -g fstream-ignore
npm install -g readdir-scoped-modules
npm install -g debuglog
npm install -g lodash._baseflatten
npm install -g lodash._baseuniq
npm install -g lodash.restparam
npm install -g unique-slug
npm install -g phonegap
- After the installation close all window.
- Restart your Machine.
- Go to your SDK folder that is indicated during the installation of the Android Studio.
- Run SDK Manager and install most of the needed SDK, you may install all the SDK if you want to be sure. It will take a while to install depending on your internet connection.
- Run AVD Manager and create a virtual device.
- You may now proceed with the creation of your PhoneGap app.
You may also want to take note the following update on the Environment Variable if it is needed on your side.
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_79