Since we need to have a guide for our teammate I have decided that instead of teaching how to install one by one to my colleagues I will create an online user guide so that any other person online that will be also looking for guide will also have the help that they need. So lets get started.
- Install JDK, just proceed with standard installation process.
- Install Android Studio, just proceed with standard installation process. Please note that during the installation phase it will also download the Android SDK with is more than 3GB. PLEASE NOTE OF THE SDK INSTALLATION FOLDER AS THIS WILL BE USED ON LATER PROCEDURE.
- Install Aptana, just proceed with standard installation process. Please also note that during installation phase it will also download some prerequisite application including Node.js& Git
- Go to START and look for Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- Type the command below and press enter and wait for the installation process to finish. It will take a while depending on your internet connection.
npm install -g cordova npm install -g proto-list npm install -g os-tmpdir npm install -g os-homedir npm install -g are-we-there-yet npm install -g gauge npm install -g ansi npm install -g is-absolute npm install -g asap npm install -g minimatch npm install -g path-is-absolute npm install -g validate-npm-package-license npm install -g is-builtin-module npm install -g concat-stream npm install -g json-parse-helpfulerror npm install -g block-stream npm install -g fstream-ignore npm install -g readdir-scoped-modules npm install -g debuglog npm install -g lodash._baseflatten npm install -g lodash._baseuniq npm install -g lodash.restparam npm install -g unique-slug npm install -g phonegap
- After the installation close all window.
- Restart your Machine.
- Go to your SDK folder that is indicated during the installation of the Android Studio.
- Run SDK Manager and install most of the needed SDK, you may install all the SDK if you want to be sure. It will take a while to install depending on your internet connection.
- Run AVD Manager and create a virtual device.
- You may now proceed with the creation of your PhoneGap app.
You may also want to take note the following update on the Environment Variable if it is needed on your side.
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_79